The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments.
Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg.
About Professional Services Programme Office
You will be part of an inter-agency office set up by the Economic Development Board (EDB), Ministry of Law (MinLaw), Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to develop and promote high growth areas which intersect legal, accounting and financial services. The office reports to an Executive Committee that is co-Chaired by Managing Director of EDB, Deputy Secretary of MinLaw, Deputy Secretary of MOF and Deputy Managing Director of MAS.
The objectives of the office are to:
- Coordinate the growth strategies developed to capture demand in areas with strong inter-linkages between Singapore’s legal, accounting and financial services sectors;
- Promote Singapore’s legal, accounting and financial services to increase exports of such services; and
- Continue to identify areas with potential for growth, which have linkages to legal, accounting and financial services.
This unique set-up leverages the capabilities and functions of the various organisations to achieve industry development objectives at a broader scale.
The work is diverse and challenging. You will be leading and undertaking analysis of demand drivers for legal, accounting and financial services; as well as identified practice areas to develop and implement industry development strategies.
You will also need to independently partner and co-develop industry-level solutions with industry stakeholders to address digital transformation and capability development needs of the professional services sectors.
At the same time, you will serve as the main contact person from EDB to a portfolio of local and top international law firms and oversee end-to-end process of account development, project negotiation and execution, and client servicing.
As an integral member in the programme office, you would work closely with other divisions in EDB, and other agencies such as Enterprise Singapore and the Singapore Accountancy Commission, as well as industry stakeholders in the legal, accounting and financial services sectors to achieve the desired objectives.
The team is based in EDB.
- At least 3-5 years working experience in industry development, policy or other related areas
- Ability to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
- Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work with and influence stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a team player
- An understanding of the legal, accounting and/or financial services sectors would be an advantage
We review applications on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.