Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the Investment Facilitation Team
The Investment Facilitation team fronts EDB’s engagement with existing and new clients, by assessing, supporting and facilitating investment projects into Singapore. This team interacts directly with companies across a range of industries and geographical regions, to attract new investments into Singapore.
The Client Engagement (Sales) role requires our officers to oversee the end-to-end engagement of clients interested in investment opportunities in Singapore, from servicing initial business enquiries, assessing their investment needs, providing the right information or assistance to facilitate their plans, to eventually securing the investment in Singapore.
We are looking for a customer-centric Senior Associate/ Manager, Client Engagement officer, to provide EDB’s clients with a positive investor experience. This candidate must have the curiosity and learning mind-set in building up knowledge on Singapore’s business environment and industry sectors, to effectively converse and engage with company executives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Servicing business enquiries and providing EDB’s clients with relevant connections and information on Singapore’s business environment and EDB’s promoted industries
- Working with EDB’s internal divisions such as the marketing team and overseas offices, and other government agencies where relevant to nurture new investment interests and clients
- Leading discussions with EDB’s clients to understand potential investment project parameters and needs, in order to assess suitability for Singapore
- Recommending and processing incentives for companies assessed suitable, if needed to secure the investment for Singapore
Based on insights gained through the engagement with clients, there will also be opportunities to be exposed to areas such as:
- Working with EDB’s product development team on designing financial and non-financial products for clients
- Contributing to EDB’s customer experience management team to improve the customer experience journey
As the candidate progresses in seniority with sufficient exposure to projects, there will be greater responsibilities in terms of coaching, management of more complex cases, as well as developing scalable service standards.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of work experience in customer engagement related work
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who can collaborate well with different stakeholders
- Fast and independent learner who can learn on-the-job
- High level of initiative, drive and resourcefulness
- Strong customer-centricity and service aptitude, with the willingness to go the extra mile
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment, with ambiguity and evolving processes
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.