The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About this role
The EDB is a Singapore government agency that helps multinational companies set up and expand in Singapore, with the aim of growing our economy and creating good jobs. The USA has been a strong source of foreign investments in Singapore, and through marketing, we intend to grow this exponentially.
EDB’s International Marketing team in the USA is responsible for raising awareness of Singapore in the business community and generating new investment leads in growth sectors such as tech, agri-food, and others. We do this by implementing paid media campaigns; forming event and content partnerships with “multipliers” such as consultancies, business advisory firms, and venture capital (VC) firms; and creating content for EDB’s owned social and online channels. We’ve only existed for six months, and there is room for improvement, experimentation, and growth.
If marketing a country sounds like your kind of challenge, let’s talk.
As Manager, International Marketing (America), your main responsibility will be to lead and execute a partnerships strategy for EDB in the USA. This entails:
- Identifying and engaging relevant partners with whom we can work to market Singapore to the US business community. Examples of partners include tax consultancies, international business expansion advisories, professional employment organizations, venture capital and private equity firms, and other companies with business interests in Singapore
- Working with these partners on marketing initiatives for EDB and Singapore, which can take the form of events, content, joint marketing campaigns, or others
- Proposing metrics to track the success of these partnerships, as well as our overall partnerships strategy in the US, on a quarterly and annual basis
- Working on some of the above with other departments in EDB (such as international operations, content marketing, and strategy teams) as well as other Singapore government agencies with marketing interests in the US, where relevant
In addition to this role, you may be asked to support the International Marketing team’s other activities in the US on an ad hoc basis, such as:
- Conducting research on marketing trends relevant to Singapore. This may be primary research or commissioned research with vendors
- Planning and managing physical or virtual events organized by EDB
- Managing our relationships with vendors, such as creative and media agencies
As an ideal candidate for this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in partnerships and integrated marketing in the USA, preferably in B2B or tech.
- Played key roles in successful B2B/G2B partnerships, with demonstrable results
- Working knowledge of professional networks and business communities in the USA, especially in New York and the San Francisco Bay Area
- A demonstrable knowledge of current affairs and business trends in Singapore and Asia, especially the technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) sector in Southeast Asia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and virtual communications software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex etc)
Preferred qualifications and skills include:
- Prior work experience in Southeast Asia, especially Singapore
- Prior work experience in international business development or G2B FDI attraction and investment promotion
- An extensive contact list of professional services firms, venture capital and private equity firms, and other potential partners for EDB
You should also be able to:
- Complete work and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Thrive in ambiguous, constantly evolving business conditions
- Work with and influence stakeholders who aren’t accountable to you, within and outside of your organization
- Work effectively with colleagues in multiple time zones
This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
EDB is an equal opportunity employer, and we hire based on an individual’s professional merit and qualifications.