The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Accounts (Semiconductors)
The team partners key companies in the Semiconductors sector to develop and implement strategies in their pursuit of new business opportunities in Singapore for the region and/or globally. We pride ourselves on the sustained long-term relationships between Singapore and key multinational companies; we bring insights about the industry and Singapore. We work closely with various teams in EDB and external stakeholders to provide solutions and secure the establishment of project investments. We forge networks across the sector and with the larger business community/ ecosystem. More importantly, the team’s hard work is translated to valuable business and job opportunities for Singapore.
You will be managing a portfolio of identified corporate clients and report to the Senior Vice President and Head, Accounts (Semiconductors).
This is an individual contributor role. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the main contact person from EDB to portfolio of identified corporate clients and oversee end-to-end process of account development, project negotiation and execution, and client servicing
• Cultivate strategic relationships and build trust with clients. Adhere to EDB’s service principles to ensure good client experience with EDB
• Develop deep understanding of clients, their needs, operations, and structure to develop/ refresh client engagement strategies
• Identify, negotiate and structure project opportunities to secure “win-win” outcomes for clients and Singapore
• Offer solutions (standard/ customised) to address clients’ requests/ issues/ challenges
• Activate relevant resources and expertise (in EDB/ government/ ecosystem partners) to support client engagement
• Collaborate with other teams in EDB (e.g. New Ventures, Policy & Planning, Finance and Legal) for project development, related negotiations and smooth execution of end-to-end account management process
• Build sound understanding of regional/ global industry and business trends, industry synergies, whole-of-government offerings, and spread of EDB’s products and services to create project opportunities and value-add to client relationships
• Lead and undertake ad-hoc competitive analysis (e.g. market/ sector-based, trends) to augment client engagement strategies
• Identify trends/ observations across sector and recommend and put forth solutions in response to issues faced by clients or potential impact on them
• Provide inputs where relevant to appropriate teams in EDB and/or rest of Singapore government on policies or product/ service development (e.g. in incentive design, resource negotiation)
• Work across different teams in EDB in delivering analysis and insights generation
• At least 5 years of experience, preferably in the Semiconductor sector, and/or in sales, business development, managing key accounts and driving successful project and investment outcomes with similar client profile
• Knowledge and interest in the Semiconductors sector and demonstrates understanding of industry nuances and networks
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; able to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
• Demonstrate keen sense of business acumen and experience in negotiation, structuring deals/ contracts, and project management
• Strong independent worker; able to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
• Able to build and maintain positive client relationships and work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
• Possess a driven, self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.