The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
What content marketing team does:
Investing in Singapore is not an easy decision for companies. They have to consider factors such as operational costs, the business environment, and talent availability.
The content marketing team develops strategies to create and distribute content to help potential investors make informed decisions at every stage of their customer journey. Assets could range from engaging and persuasive pieces to generate buzz about business opportunities in Singapore and Southeast Asia, to educational assets that give our investors practical tips to setting up and hiring.
If you are passionate about creating great stories with an impact on an organisation’s business objectives, we want you.
• Expertise in developing a content marketing strategy, including developing a comprehensive editorial calendar for different business needs and establishing of content principles/guidelines for consistency. Able to put in place and run an editorial process to create regular pipeline of content to answer different customer needs and on multiple channels
• Sound background in content creation & curation: working with internal business divisions and external partners such as content agencies and media outlets to create, repurpose, or curate high quality content that answer customer needs.
• Strong familiarity with distribution channels: evaluating and using owned, paid and earned avenues to to maximise distribution of assets to the right audience. In particular, EDB’s social platforms are an important distribution channel to reach out to varied sets of target audience including businesses and Singaporeans. Successful candidate should have experience curating a social calendar of assets, editing and amplifying content assets, as well as nuancing social copy and microassets for distinct social media channels.
• Deep understanding of corporate reputation: ability to review content not just for quality and coherence, but to align with corporate messages and preserve EDB/Singapore’s reputation
• Familiarity with digital platforms for content management and distribution, and performance metrics across various distribution channels: Able to develop performance frameworks and metrics to evaluate success of content strategy, and refine strategy and production accordingly. Understand SEO and keyword research
• Experience in leading a team to ensure multiple workstreams complement one another
• Have between six to nine years of experience in content strategy and execution, and of the responsibilities outlined above
• Have at least one to two years of experience supervising direct reports
• It is a bonus if you have B2B experience. If not, you should display knowledge of business topics, and can ramp up quickly on various industries (tech, manufacturing and professional services are just some sectors EDB looks at)
• Have an interest in current affairs and business trends – you understand how the content assets you create sit within the current geopolitical or business climate, and are sensitive to the messaging behind the pieces you are creating.
• Enjoy project management and agency management. Editorial calendar planning, meeting publishing deadlines, and handling both internal and external partners are part of your work.
Other qualifications required:
• Qualifications in a relevant field such as marketing & communications, or journalism
• Independent yet a team player, positive work attitude, resourceful and articulate. Also adaptable to change, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will have to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.