The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About New Ventures
Companies globally are getting disrupted by technology and shifts in business models. There is an urgent need for them to be developing new revenue streams or businesses. The EDB New Ventures team is fuelling the drive in corporate venture building and new venture creation here in Singapore to address this.
In EDB New Ventures, we are spearheading novel ways of supporting companies in their corporate venturing journey. This includes embarking on joint venture building sprints alongside strategic corporate partners, co-investment with corporates to risk-share early-stage growth of their ventures and active portfolio value creation to scale each venture. To drive awareness and level up the ecosystem capabilities in corporate venturing, our team is also responsible for developing and executing new outreach models, programmes and community building efforts.
We are looking for a Manager to drive the strategy and execution for community building and publicity for corporate venturing as a growing movement in Singapore and the region. This is a newly created role within the New Ventures team, so the individual will have a significant opportunity to shape the deliverables and outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Be part of a team that drives corporate innovation and entrepreneurship movement in Singapore, so as to grow globally leading ventures
• Grow the vibrancy of our corporate venturing community members, so as to increase interaction, collaboration and open sharing of corporate venturing activities
• Identify and evaluate best practices for successful community building to pilot with our community of corporate venturing executives and venture founders
• Coordinate with our partner corporates and venture studios to organise and run events across the year, such as masterclasses, webinars and networking sessions
• Manage our LinkedIn group of corporate venturing executives
• Develop strategy for generating greater awareness of corporate venturing across different online and offline channels, and in executing, generate leads from corporate executives keen to grow ventures in Singapore
• Work with EDB’s Public Affairs and Customer Experience & Marketing team, to leverage wider EDB-owned publicity channels and efforts such as website, LinkedIn and EDMs to drive regular publicity across the year
• Support the New Ventures team to regularly develop and refresh marketing collaterals for both internal and external audiences
• Curate and develop narratives and content pieces to promote corporate venturing, in collaboration with our partner corporates and venture studios
• Support press releases and related publicity efforts for each project announcement
• Keep abreast of media coverage on corporate venturing and related topics such as corporate innovation, transformation, digital and new growth.
• Identify media and speaking opportunities for relevant online and offline platforms for the New Ventures leadership team to share on corporate venturing
• Formulate SOP for responsibilities and processes for the New Ventures team with regards to publicity
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have:
• 5 years of working experience in a related role for community building and/or publicity
• Demonstrated track record of developing community building and/or publicity plans and translating them into implementation
• A strong interest and passion for corporate innovation and/or start-up creation - you understand how the events and content assets you create will engage and benefit the target audiences.
• Possess the following attributes and skillsets:
o Resourceful with a self-starter mindset and positive work attitude
o Adaptable and be a strong team player in an agile environment
o Confidence in engaging with internal and external stakeholders, across working levels and C-suites
o Proactive, energetic and curious
o Strong organisational, time management and multi-tasking skills
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
o Familiarity with digital platforms and tools for marketing and outreach is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing & communications, or journalism preferred but not a pre-requisite
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.