The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
About Consumer Group
With the rise of the Asian middle class consumers, Singapore’s consumer industry has experienced significant growth, with investments made by Consumer Packaged Goods companies, Sports, Luxury, Fashion and Lifestyle companies. Even with COVID, the Consumer industry is a resilient one and we continue to attract interests from leading Consumer companies looking to invest and grow their operations in Singapore. As part of EDB’s continuous efforts to grow the consumer businesses industry, we are looking to hire an individual to support our Assistant Vice President (AVP) and Senior Account Managers (SAM) in servicing of our key clients.
You will play a crucial role in the account management team, supporting our AVP and SAM in servicing of our key clients which may include some of the largest Consumer Packaged Goods companies in the world.
You will work closely with company executives, external stakeholders (within and outside of Singapore government) and colleagues in EDB to ensure smooth delivery of project or partnership outcomes. You will report to the AVP and SAM you will be supporting.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Support AVP and SAM in the planning and execution of account management activities for portfolio of companies in doing research on the companies, basic market research/trend analysis, preparing materials for engagement of companies, and client servicing
• Undertake tasks and assignments to support our understanding of the portfolio of companies and servicing outcomes; these can include company-level analysis, preparing relevant materials in supporting the AVP and SAM in their preparation of proposals for partnership/ investment opportunities, addressing information requests, reporting needs, incentive processing and project monitoring
• Coordinate with Account Managers and other teams in EDB (e.g. other Account teams, New Ventures, Policy & Planning, Finance and Legal) to ensure smooth execution of end-to-end account management process
• Adhere to EDB’s service principles to ensure good client experience with EDB
• A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Up to 2 years of experience in research and analysis, and/or supporting operations
• Knowledge and interest in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector and demonstrates understanding of industry nuances and networks
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrate keen sense of business acumen and experience in project management
• Strong independent worker; able to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
• Able to build and maintain positive client relationships and work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
• Possess a driven, self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.