About Singapore Global Network (SGN)
The Singapore Global Network (SGN) is a division in EDB with a mission to broaden and deepen Singapore’s global network of Family, Friends, and Fans. SGN leads the Whole-Of-Government effort to cultivate and expand global networks whose skills, affinity and influence could help build linkages to global business and talent communities, and enhance the international mindshare of Singapore as a leading globally-connected city.
About the role
We are looking for a creative, innovative and digital-savvy Brand Visual Designer to join our Digital Marketing & Communications team. As part of this role, you will be expected to collaborate across marketing, user design, product, strategy, network and partnerships teams to build and maintain a strong and desirable representation of our brand’s visual identity.
Your efforts will go towards branding and promoting SGN as a vibrant, fun and welcoming network for global talent and connections to keep in touch, explore opportunities and/or advocate for Singapore.
You will be involved in developing the visual guidelines and design playbooks that will help build up the SGN brand, as well as serve as the custodian to help ensure a consistent brand identity and experience across all platforms and channels.
On a day-to-day basis, you will also develop visually engaging creatives and content to engage audiences across the customer journey (awareness, acquisition and activation) through a wide range of global brand touchpoints and campaigns. These include website landing pages, email newsletters, digital ads, social media content, campaign creatives, online collaterals and more.
To be successful in this role, you should have an in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and techniques. You should also have experience executing branding and marketing content from conception to production, across different digital formats.
• Oversee and execute design projects, from conception to delivery
• Develop and maintain brand inventory comprising suite of visual assets, photo bank, multimedia assets, design templates, illustrations, icons, logos, toolkits, etc.
• Generate ideas for infographics, illustrations and videos to promote awareness of SGN, drive member acquisition for the network and promote brand advocacy
• Improve look and feel of platforms and channels to convey a strong and consistent brand identity
• Review design work from creative agencies to ensure consistent high quality that is on-brand
• Liaise with marketing colleagues and creative agencies to ensure deadlines are met
• Stay up to date with design trends, formats and creative production tools
• Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive brand visual design throughout SGN and foster a culture that reflects creativity, constructive experimentation and continuous learning.
• Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Marketing or relevant field
• At least 1 – 3 years of experience as a Visual Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
• Portfolio of completed design projects
• Highly proficient in graphic design and photo-editing software, like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Some experience with video editing and production
• Strong attention to visual details, good aesthetic skills and a creative flair for producing visually appealing and engaging designs
• Basic understanding of various digital marketing channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, WeChat, Telegram, YouTube, website, email newsletters, etc.) and content formats
• Comfortable working with tight deadlines
• Able to collaborate well across teams as well as to work independently, prioritise effectively and iterate quickly
• Good communication skills and ability to provide and accept creative feedback
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.