The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Healthcare Group
Globally, technological advancements are disrupting the way people seek healthcare and extend their health span. Firms across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology and digital health sectors are re-inventing their products and services, as well as business and delivery models.
As part of EDB’s continuous efforts to grow the healthcare industry, we are looking to hire experienced professionals to develop compelling propositions and engage leading companies to anchor global and regional activities in Singapore.
This contributes to EDB’s overall vision, for Singapore to be the choice location in Asia where healthcare companies innovate new products, services, business and delivery models, and manufacture for the regional and global market.
You will play a crucial role in the team to support and implement key activities and initiatives with identified corporate clients which may include some of the largest healthcare companies in the world. In the process, you will be working closely with company executives, external stakeholders (within and outside the Singapore government) and colleagues in EDB to ensure smooth delivery of project or partnership outcomes.
The COVID-19 pandemic has posed an urgent need for the healthcare industry to evolve with novel strategies and technological advances. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to work on COVID-19 related projects.
This is largely an individual contributor role, but you may be given the opportunity to lead a project or initiative if you demonstrate the necessary experience or potential to do so. You will report to the Assistant Vice President, Healthcare.
As part of the team, your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Support Account Managers in the planning and execution of account management activities for portfolio of companies in the end-to-end process of account development, project negotiation and execution and client servicing
- Gain deep understanding of clients, their needs, operations and structure to implement and execute client engagement strategies
- Undertake tasks and assignments to achieve client engagement and project negotiation and servicing outcomes; these can include company-level analysis, preparing relevant materials (e.g. proposals for partnership/ investment opportunities, talking points for meetings, addressing information requests, reporting needs), incentive processing, developing solutions, drafting contracts and project monitoring
- Build sound understanding of regional/global industry and business trends, as well as Singapore’s value propositions in key thematic areas relevant to the business needs of companies to create project or partnership opportunities and value-add to client relationships
- Coordinate with Account Managers and other teams in EDB (e.g. other Account teams, New Ventures, Policy & Planning, Finance and Legal) to ensure smooth execution of end-to-end account management process
- Adhere to EDB’s service principles to ensure good client experience with EDB
- Undertake market analysis of the healthcare sector, selected healthcare companies, its suppliers and customers to augment EDB’s client engagement and industry development strategies
- Pre-empt common issues faced by clients or that may potentially impact them, and recommend and implement solutions
- Provide input where relevant to appropriate teams in EDB and/or rest of Singapore government on policies or product/ service development (e.g. in incentive structuring, resource allocation, etc)
To meet the challenges of the role, you must have / be:
- A Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- 1-2years of experience, preferably in the healthcare industry, and/or in sales, business development, managing key accounts and driving successful project and investment outcomes with similar client profile
- Keen interest in science and technology relating to healthcare
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; able to analyse in-depth different complex issues and put forth actionable solutions
- Demonstrate keen sense of business acumen and experience in negotiation, structuring deals, and project management
- Strong independent worker; able to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
- Able to build and maintain positive client relationships and work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Possess a driven, self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.