The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the Environmental Sustainability Division
The Environmental Sustainability division in EDB charts the vision and strategy for Singapore to transit to a low-carbon economy and leverage environmental sustainability trends as a growth engine. We also develop and execute national and ecosystem-level strategies to improve Singapore’s competitiveness in energy, chemicals and materials, and identify new growth opportunities in these industries. To achieve this mission, we undertake research, analysis and solutions development in close partnership with other teams in EDB, as well as external stakeholders in government and industry.
This is primarily an individual contributor role. In your role, you will contribute to the development and execution of strategies in the following areas:
• Energy & chemicals and process construction & maintenance industry development: You will work closely with key companies and relevant external partners in government and industry to develop and implement initiatives related to the transformation of the energy & chemicals and process construction & maintenance industries. This will include developing and implementing initiatives to enhance the productivity of the process construction & maintenance industries and reduce its reliance on a manual workforce.
• Development of Jurong Island ecosystem: You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to architect the Jurong Island ecosystem to support the long-term competitiveness and sustainability of the energy & chemicals industry. This will include identifying trends and assess its implications to Singapore, working with partners to enhance or formulate product offerings such as infrastructure and services (e.g. utilities, logistics, systems-level energy efficiency solutions), developing relevant initiatives and driving the adoption of recommended actions.
• Decarbonisation: You will work with relevant industry partners and government agency stakeholders to develop and execute initiatives that will enable key medium to long term technological pathways in decarbonisation for Singapore, such as carbon capture, utilization and storage and low-carbon hydrogen.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Any discipline, preferably in Economics, Engineering, Chemistry, and/or relevant interdisciplinary field
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the energy, chemicals and materials sectors or an area related to environmental sustainability
• A keen interest in the energy, chemicals and materials industry
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical and lateral thinking skills
• Ability to adapt and react quickly to changes in business environment and priorities
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams and on multiple workstreams to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
• Possess a self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.